We are happy to announce that the Eastmont YMCA indoor pool is offering open pool sessions for paddlers! We think that a pool session during the Winter is a great way to help build a stronger community within the Wenatchee Valley so we took it upon ourselves to help organize these events.
Open Kayak Pool Session:
Friday, January 22nd from 7:00 - 8:30 PM
Friday, February 19th from 7:00- 8:30 PM
Friday, March 25th from 7:00-8:30 PM
- Location: Eastmont YMCA Aquatic Center: 980 3rd Street NE, East Wenatchee, WA 98802
- Price: $6/person for anyone getting in the pool
- Gear provided: This open kayak pool session is set up for those of you that already have gear/experience. The YMCA does not have any paddling gear to rent. Other participants may bring extra gear (a few kayaks, spray skirts, and paddles) for individuals to try out, but there is no guarantee.
- If you do not have a kayak, paddle or skirt you can contact Wildwater at 509-470-8558 for rental options *Limited gear - first come first serve.
Additional Important Information
- This pool session offers an opportunity for the local paddling community to work on skills indoor during the cold winter. Although Wildwater has helped organize these special events this isn't a Wildwater instruction class so please come prepared to work on skills individually. *Advanced paddlers might be around for tips and pointers
- Eastmont YMCA Aquatic Center won't be providing any equipment and require that all attendees know how to swim (or are accompanied by a parent/legal guardian).